Speed Queen Laundry Grand Ave
Assistant Store Manager
Under the direction of the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager in the day-to-day operations of their assigned store.
- Human Resources: Participates in certain aspects of the employee life cycle, including:
- Recruitment and selection.
- Orientation and training.
- Employee development.
- Hourly scheduling and payroll management.
Customer Service and Satisfaction: Ensures that all policies, procedures, and employee functions are consistently followed, contributing to the highest level of customer satisfaction and growth of the store.
Store Safety and Security: Maintains a safe environment inside and outside of the store by following proper security procedures and prioritizing employee and customer safety.
Store Cleanliness and Upkeep: Ensures that the highest level of cleanliness is maintained inside and outside of the store at all times.
Building and Equipment Maintenance: Audit the completion of preventive maintenance tasks and ensure equipment and building maintenance issues are documented appropriately, escalating significant issues to the Store Manager.
Retail: Maintains a good visual presentation of retail products at all times; assist in maintaining sufficient assortment and inventory levels. Train employees in processing sales and upselling to customers.
Wash/Dry/Fold: Provides a consistent quality product to the customer; audits logs for accuracy. Addresses customer concerns and issues in a timely and satisfactory manner; immediately inform Store Manager of any claims.
Marketing and Promotions: Participation in and execution of promotional programs; ensures promotional procedures are being followed and documentation is accurate.
Policies and Procedures: Ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed at all times.
All other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of two years retail experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of commercial laundry products and payment systems is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills; able to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Build strong customer relationships quickly.
- Basic computer skills, including some exposure to Microsoft Office products.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Position involves standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity, stooping, bending, and lifting.
- Position Title: Assistant Store Manager
- Department: Laundry Stores
- Reports To (Title): Store Manager
- Review Date: July 2018
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Location: Varies