Speed Queen Laundry Grand Ave
Senior Store Manager
Position Title: Senior Store Manager
Under the direction of the Store Owner, the Store Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations and financial performance of their assigned store through merchandise, inventory, expense control, human resources management, and managing operating costs. This position will have direct supervision over the Assistant Store Manager and the Customer Service Representative roles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
-Human Resources: Oversees the full employee life cycle from recruitment to separation, including:
- Assesses, establishes, and implements appropriate store staffing levels cooperatively with their direct leader.
- Assists in the hiring of store personnel by reviewing resumes and employment applications, as well as interviewing candidates.
- Supervises the day-to-day operations of their team, escalating issues to the appropriate level of support and/or leadership when necessary.
- Is responsible for new hire orientation and training.
- Develops Others: Takes action to ensure that individuals and the team have the necessary skills and behaviors to perform optimally and meet store needs now and in the future. Counseling and corrective action.
- Prepares, manages, and revises weekly schedules, as well as payroll management.
- Responsible for Separation/ termination of employees.
- Other duties as assigned
-Customer Service and Satisfaction: Ensures that all policies, procedures, and employee functions are consistently being followed, contributing to the highest level of customer satisfaction and growth of the store. Responsible for ensuring the store remains staffed at all times.
- Handles customer concerns and ensures an appropriate resolution.
- Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand customer needs to create value, drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
-Store Safety and Security: Provides a safe environment for employees, customers, and vendors by identifying and rectifying hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics, and maintaining store equipment in proper working order.
-Store Cleanliness and Upkeep: Ensures that the highest level of cleanliness is always maintained inside and outside of the store.
-Building and Equipment Maintenance: Conduct frequent audits of preventive maintenance tasks and report equipment and building maintenance issues, escalating significant issues to Area/District/Regional Manager; troubleshoot equipment and perform minor repairs.
-Retail: Maintains a good visual presentation of retail products at all times; keeps sufficient assortment and inventory levels. Train employees in processing sales and upselling to customers.
-Wash/Dry/Fold: Provides a consistent quality product and service to the customer while keeping associated costs low. Addresses customer concerns, issues, and claims in a timely and satisfactory manner.
-Cash/Office Functions and Accountability: Accurately and honestly reports all monies and store information; immediately notifies and reports any discrepancies to Area/District/Regional Manager.
-Marketing and Promotions: Participation in and execution of promotional programs.
-Policies and Procedures: Ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed at all times.
-Financials: Submit accurate and timely sales and other information weekly; executes initiatives to improve the store's financial performance; suggest ways to improve sales or reduce costs.
- Minimum of six years either multi-unit or big box retail management experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of commercial laundry products and payment systems is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Understands and applies management principles concerning budgeting, personnel costs, and overtime expenses.
- Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
- Ability to handle cash efficiently and accurately.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills; able to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Develops rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to build good customer relationships quickly.
- Intermediate level of computer skills, including exposure to Microsoft Office products.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends. Able to answer calls off-shift to attend to store emergencies.
- Demonstrates a Positive Attitude and Resilience: Adapts positively to pressure, setbacks, challenges and change in order to achieve and sustain peak effectiveness.
- Acts as a Business Owner: Understands and executes the principles of business operations to run an efficient and successful store that serves customers and contributes to the growth of the overall organization.
- Position involves standing for long periods, manual dexterity, stooping, bending, and lifting.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related major preferred.
Position involves standing for long periods, manual dexterity, stooping, bending, and lifting.